Ok, so this took longer than expected. Probably related to the fact that I decided to revamp the whole website, repackage ngSkinTools in Autodesk appstore compatible format,, and re-setup my whole build environment for four latest Mayas version on all three operating systems. There were a lot of Maya’s launched and relaunched.
Expect slight disruption with the website and the tool while everything settles down.
- Initial support for parent-child relationship for layers (use middle-mouse drag to organize layer hierarchies);
- NgSkinTools should try to do a better job cleaning up temporary node for displaying vertex colors during weight painting.
- Some internal code cleanup regarding how layer blending is triggered (when interactive writting to skin cluster is temporarily turned off when doing batch of changes, like import/export or file load). Low probability of instability - report any issues.
- Import/export: layer.enabled, layer.opacity and layer.influences are now optional in JSON file;
- Import/export now supports “parent” attribute.