A little bit late for Maya 2017 release, I thought I’ll end up rewriting the whole UI. Please note that in Maya 2017 you can utilize the Workspaces layout - after opening up ngSkinTools UI, just dock it somewhere and save along your prefered workspace for skinning.
Summary of changes:
- Upgrade to Maya 2017. A lot of rework for UI to support breaking changes in Maya API;
- UI fixes for Maya 2016.5;
- Version check should now work better with minor Maya upgrades;
- Removing some joint colors for paint mode, to make wireframes a bit more visible;
- Some internal data restructure, slight performance increase should be observed on larger meshes;
- Bugfix: fixes to child layers order after import.